CHARLIE CHAPLIN CUP - PLAYER OF THE YEAR
The Charlie Chaplin Cup is a season-long player of the year race designed to find the player of the year. Throughout the year, you will receive points based on both your NET and GROSS finish in your flight. This race culminates in a FedEx Cup style PLAYOFF SYSTEM played in the fall.
Accruing points the entire year will qualify you to get into the President's Cup but the top 16 at the end of the year go into a Player of the Year Tournamnent to crown the champion!
Who is going to take down the cup??
POY RACE SPECIFICS:
- Your combined GROSS and NET finish in each tourney will make up the year-long standings of the Charlie Chaplin Cup.
- All individual ties are awarded the same place points. (Ex: Bob shoots the low round at 73. Dan, Beth and Joe all shoot 74 and Frank shoots 75. Bob would take 1st place points. Dan, Beth and Joe ALL take 2nd place points. And Frank takes 5th place points, etc)
- For team events, players on the same team are awarded the same points based on the team standings. (Ex. If Alice and Bob are on a team that places 3rd overall, then both will receive 3rd place points)
- The Official Majors are The Four-Ball Championship, and The Club Championship
- Major points are awarded at The Club Championship Qualifying Rounds while the Playoff portion will award Match Play points. Fourball will also award Match Play points.
- The Senior Club Championship awards no POY points
1st - $250 Tournament Credits + Your Name on the Player of the Year Trophy!
2nd - $200 Tournament Credits
3rd - $150 Tournament Credits
4th - $100 Tournament Credits
5th - $50 Tournament Credits
|1st 62.5||1st 125||1st 250||1st 250|
|2nd 50||2nd 100||2nd 200||2nd 200|
|3rd 42.5||3rd 85||3rd 160||T-3 150|
|4th 35||4th 70||4th 140||T-5 100|
|5th 30||5th 60||5th 120||T-9 50|
|6th 27.5||6th 55||6th 110|
|7th 25||7th 50||7th 100|
|8th 22.5||8th 45||8th 90|
|9th 20||9th 40||9th 80|
|10th 17.5||10th 35||10th 70|
|11th 15||11th 30||11th 60|
|12th 12.5||12th 25||12th 50|
|13th 10||13th 20||13th 40|
|14th 7.5||14th 15||14th 30|
|15th 5||15th 10||15th 20|
|16th 5||16th 10|
* Lowest place points will be repeated for subsequent places. Those who do not finish their round will not receive points.
(EX: In a Weekend tournament, if you place 3rd gross and 5th net. You would get 85 points for gross and 60 points for your net finish. Totalling 145 points for that tournament.)
PLAYER OF THE YEAR FINALS:
After accruing points throughout the year, the top 16 are qualified to enter the Player of the Year Finals tournament.
The POY standings after the last event before the Player of the Year Finals will dictate the score offset that players will start the tournament with:
The Player of the year Finals is one round Net event where everyone plays off of Blue Tees. The course will generally be on Wilson but some occassions may be played on Harding due to scheduling conflicts. Handicaps will be 90% of the 12 month low index. Any tie for the winning position at the end of the event will proceed with a sudden death playoff. Players who qualify for the Finals may opt out of the finals, but there will be no replacement or shifting of offset strokes.
2021 - Greg Uberuaga
2020 - Daniel Gomes
2019 - Matt Nicklaw
2018 - Doug Busse
2017 - Doug Busse
2016 - E. Tamim Mohammad
2015 - Robert Stone
2014 - Mel Locke
2013 - Randall Nimura
2012 - Michael Erger
2011 - John Chisholm
2010 - Patrick Allen
2009 - Randall Nimura
2008 - Randall Nimura